Thursday, December 20, 2007
Thank you, Kuya! ;)

My big brother is a man of few words.. But when he speaks, I listen. He is very much like my dad. When I mentioned to him some 2 years back that Loel and I are planning to settle.. he just mumbled, “hmph, it's too soon.. you’re (or was it he’s) not even prepared financially. Besides, you have to know each other better”..

That time, I thought he just didn’t like Loel for me.. Though what he said was also true.. hehehe..

They have bonded well since then especially after our Singapore visit last December 2007 where we got to spend time together as family. Ganun pala talaga. You will know a person better when you’re stuck with each other almost 24/7..

So when Loel told me that he is coming home last April to again ask mom for my hand, I advised him to first tell Kuya of his plans. He was quite apprehensive of the idea, so Loel kept delaying this till the night prior to his flight home. I won’t share na how it exactly happened kase baka magagalit si Loel.. But it was soooo funny.. How Loel finally blurted out he’s coming home for the pamanhikan after having dinner at kuya’s pad.. and how kuya reacted.. Priceless.. :)

Some kwento.. After the pamanhikan, I informed kuya of our wedding date. I told him he has a year to decide whether to get married ahead of us or I just have to take the plunge first. He replied, if that is the case.. I have to wait a very, very long time.. So I guess, mauuna na nga ako.. Hehehe..

And today, I got good news from him.. He sent his early Christmas gift for us ni Loel! Yey! Thanks kuya for always making us proud! For guiding me all these years. For accepting Loel as part of me. And for generously assisting us even without us asking for help..

I love u tol! :)

Labels: ,

 
posted by serendipity at 1:16:00 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments: