Monday, December 24, 2007
Monogram

mon·o·gram /ˈmɒnəˌgræm/ Pronunciation Key - [mon-uh-gram]


-noun-

  • design composed of one or more letters, typically the initials of a name, used as an identifying mark.
  • a single emblematic or decorative letter; applied initial.

For months, I’ve been experimenting on our monograms. And though Loel is the techie one, he lacks the artistic ability to create something that will pass my discriminating taste, hehe.. So for hours and hours I sat in front of my laptop doodling and hoping to come up with something that will look like our emblem.. I always end up hitting delete after several grueling hours. I simply cannot come up with the perfect one.

What I tried to do was to interlace our first names’ initials [L & J].. Then sampled naman with our last names this time [Delmo-Pasco]. Hay naku, pangit pa rin. I used Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Publisher and still ended up with some elementary designs! Hay..

I even tried this material, which teaches the step-by-step procedure of creating a monogram using powerpoint, but I’m still not satisfied with the output.

And so I gave up and sought the help of some friends but im too shy to bug them. Nahiya ako mag follow-up kase I know they’re busy too.

I was driving Loel crazy, bugging him for his suggestions. And he explained meekly that we can just erase the idea of having our monogram and save myself from additional stress.. Hay talaga.. Siempre hindi ako pumayag! Im bent to have our own monogram! This is our insignia, the one that marks the day of our wedding. Basta for me it’s important.. ;P

So, I searched and googled and I came up with the idea of just having a single letter in some vintage / gothic font.. Alas, I’ve found the answer! Eto lang pala solution! Now, if we can only decide which one to use.. hehe..


Labels:

 
posted by serendipity at 7:11:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: