Sunday, August 12, 2007
The Hunt Is On II [My New Yorker Experience]

My bebe’s birthday is coming up and I want to give him the list of our wedding accomplishments so far. One of the major suppliers we need to finalize is the bridal couturier. And after my visit to Veluz’s shop right after my Palawan trip, I’m hell bent to find an alternative couturier as I find her price quite steep. But mind you, Veluz is really, really good. I find her creations very Monique Lhuillier as it comes out very elegant and ethereal with her lace or piña gowns. Oh, I would so love to wear a Veluz gown but felt a pang of guilt knowing that I would just wear it once. Besides, I wanna show Loel that I really made all efforts possible to find the most affordable but reliable suppliers.

So after reading several good reviews on FL Concepts’ creations, I immediately asked for an appointment and dragged mom to Makati. Tina, the owner of the shop [which is also known as New Yorker], is somewhat snob in the beginning. She is a pretty mestiza who went straight to business when I introduced myself. Of course, I brought with me my precious black folder where I keep all the photos and designs of gowns I find pretty and all other clippings for our wedding. Sort of a wedding bible sa dami ng articles, hehe..

Tina sounded intimidating, as she shoots down my description of what my dream gown would look like. But that’s fine with me. So long as she can deliver well. I was thinking baka nga I was quite confusing giving her tons of photos and some hazy sketches. =)

After discussing our wedding details, Tina warmed up and she ushered me to the dressing room to try on some of her available creations. I’m glad mom brought our digicam so I was able to document the gown designs. The purpose of this trial is to check out which bodice and skirt style will fit my body frame. And as evident in the photos, I so enjoyed the whole process. It gives you the feeling that, “yes, I am indeed a bride!”



Ahmm,I’m not gifted.. so I would probably need more pads.. hehe..


Showing off my Palawan tan! I have to shed some pounds though as we can’t zip up this size 0 gown! :(


Can I instead wear black to look slimmer? Hehe.. Kidding. Just imagine this in white sans the gigantic ribbon. Surprisingly, Loel liked this 3rd one best. He said, bagay daw pala sakin trumpet style kahit bottom-heavy.. Hmmm..



Labels:

 
posted by serendipity at 1:23:00 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: