Friday, August 24, 2007
To yoga or to aero?

My attempt to be healthy will start soon. :)

Haven't decided though whether to take Bikram Yoga classes or to enroll in Fitness First. To help me choose which fitness regimen should I pursue, my officemate and I visited both facilities.

First stop was Fitness First in MOA where they offer lower rates for Fitness First Passport since the MOA fitness centre is yet to be opened come October this year. A one-time registration fee of Php1,850 plus a monthly fee of Php 2,200 for a minimum of one-year contract is all you need to pay. I have to decide asap to avail of the pre-selling rate otherwise I shall be paying an additional Php 5,000 membership fee plus the regular monthly rates of Php 2,400+. Pros: Aside from the tempting pre-selling rates, FF has several branches around the Metro (MOA, Robinson’s Manila & Lopez Drive in QC are the most convenient branches), flexible work-out schedule, modern equipment and several work-out alternatives such as dancing, pilates, yoga, etc. Cons: Though I AM committed (or so I think), im still in doubt whether I will stick to the work-out schedule and given the minimum contract of one year, my credit card is again on the verge of danger! Haha… I know FF is known for being strict to membership cancellation or even just freezing the account. I have previously experienced this last year when I helped out my cousin in terminating her membership. Hay, naku ang hirap kausap ng kanilang AE’s.

Another option is the Bikram Yoga. We dropped by at the Tomas Morato branch in time to see an actual yoga class. Peeking from the frosted glass door, we saw how the students sweat inside the heated room as they try different yoga postures. Hmm.. I think I can do that too! They offer an introductory package for beginners at Php 1,000 which allows 3 classes over a 7-day period. After which, one can choose from several packages available depending on the preferred frequency of classes. Pros: I have been experiencing back pains for months now (due to stress – wedding prep perhaps?) and bikram yoga promises to help ease out the pain aside from other benefits such as promoting weight loss, building strength & flexibility, increasing energy. Cons: It only has two branches (the other one is located in Makati), relatively more expensive compared to FF rates.

So which one should I choose? I only have more or less 7 months to loose extra pounds, tone my muscles (dream on) and gain some energy. Our wedding prep is by far the hardest task I’ve ever been given. At the end of the day I feel so exhausted and drained na yet I still can’t sleep at night as there are 101 things to-do’s running through my head! Hay…

Labels:

 
posted by serendipity at 12:59:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: