Tuesday, August 28, 2007
My Bikram Yoga Experience..

Last Friday, I reluctantly enrolled in the trial session offered by Bikram Yoga in Timog Branch. I arrived an hour before our first session in time for the one-on-one briefing with our instructress. Just like other bikram yoga instructors (yogi), she was also trained by Bikram Choudhury himself. Here’s what I learned during my first try:

Bikram Yoga, also known as Hot Yoga, is a style of yoga developed by Bikram Choudhury (also known as the “yogi to Hollywood stars”). I was advised to wear light and fitted clothes since the room is heated to 105°F (40.5°C) with a humidity of 40% therefore we will sweat a lot (and I mean A LOT).. . During classes we were guided by specific dialogue including 26 postures and two breathing exercises (inhale thru nose with snoring sound and exhale thru mouth with hissing sound). Classes lasted for 90-minutes and I was able to do ALL 26 asana (postures)! Well not all, hehe.. But hey, I tried :)

A day after my trial session, I can’t bend my back and I can hardly walk upstairs.. But after a while I felt better and lighter. So, am I up for the challenge? Let’s see ;)

Labels:

 
posted by serendipity at 10:49:00 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: