Sunday, September 2, 2007
PICC Bridal Fair (day1)..
The latest bridal fair organized by Themes&Motifs is by far the most must-see among the other 3 (or 4?) bridal fairs we've attended. My mom, my constant companion -ever bait and patient, hehe.. tagged along with me. She has been nagging me before why i have to accept all the flyers (kase sya nagbibitbit, nabibigatan cguro hehe) though we don't need them. Explained to her that it would be inappropriate to refuse since suppliers have prepared and spent on these colorful marketing kits. Besides, some of these flyers could actually help me compare rates and services vs my prospective supplier. =)

Last saturday, mom & i dropped by at the fair to book Kaye of Cunanan Catering. After we had the uber delicious food tasting at Kaye's house, we decided na we won't look for other suppliers since we're super satisfied with Kaye's offer. You should see her set-up during the fair. Simple but clean and classy (typical Kaye).


...photos courtesy of kaye cunanan...

I was amazed with the great number and kinds of exhibitors present during the fair. I must say these are the best in the industry. I can just imagine a newly-engaged couple touring the whole of the picc forum in awe of the various choices.

But before proceeding to Kaye's booth, we passed by Josiah's set-up and momi suggested to take one look at what they can offer. i had previously inquired with Josiah's (they were my first choice actually having them catered my cousin's 2006 wedding) but we have yet to have the food-tasting with them. I thought its ok to drop by and check out their rates. As i approached their booth, an AE assisted us but she has to rushed back to other tables and attend to other inquiries while we were seating waiting for who will attend to us back. In fairness, they were all very gracious naman. The downside is: we were asked to return thrice as the food is not yet ready pa daw. Hay. When we were finally ushered to the dining table, i noticed that the linens are already stained. Hmm.. The food is just so-so except for the lengua. Service is not bad but not superb. The same goes with the set-up of the table. I looked at my mom, waiting for her opinion. Sabi nya, "tara na, let's book kaye".. =)

Just like our previous conversation with Kaye, i again had fun exchanging ideas and concepts on how we're going to come up with our vintage theme. Kaye is always gracious. She has her own way of telling her clients why such idea or menu will not fit for the event. I haggled a little, hehe and she again customized the package we got. Though we're yet to finalize the menu, I'm confident we will never go wrong with Kaye. She doesn't even require a downpayment till a month before the event, the rest can be settled on the day of the wedding. That's very unusual for major suppliers.

Ok, so one major worry solved! Im so ecstatic we got Kaye and with that we went straight to Ville Sommet's booth to discuss final rates with Ms. Dolor. After several trips to Tagaytay and having visited possible venues for reception, we always went back to the possibility of having the dinner celebration at Ville Sommet. The glasshouse is just perfect to what we've envisioned to be the night of elegant dining experience and romantic stroll in the lagoon area where we plan to serve the cocktails. We have considered Splendido, Balai Taal and Balai Indang amongst the other venues we've seen. Nothing could really compare to what Ville Sommet could offer (location-wise and structure-wise). Even Kaye of Cunanan is very excited to hear we're considering Ville Sommet. Just in case, our wedding will be her first catering job in Ville Sommet and she has offered all these wonderful ideas on how she would decorate the dome (glasshouse). So what seems to be the problem with Ville Sommet? Rental of the venue comes with a huge tag. (won't discuss na the rates). Basta the amount could feed an additional 100 guests or cover jason magbanua's rate. Got the picture?

*******************************************************
With us getting Ville Sommet, we would naturally have to sacrifice other things. I have, in fact, bargained my wedding dress with my bebe just so he would agree with having Ville Sommet. I mean, I can scout for other more affordable couturier just so we can squeeze in the venue rental to our growing budget. I'd rather reward the guests with a memorable reception, since they will travel all the to tagaytay to celebrate with us, than to acquire another dress that i would probably never wear again.. (Teka, parang hindi na ako ito! hehe).. Not so true.. hehe.. Well, that's how badly i want Ville Sommet. ;)

So going back to my meeting with Ms. Dolor.. She gladly told me that for the duration of the fair, they offer a free overnight stay in their chalet (costs P10,000) for two. Hmmm.. Very tempting! I asked for a copy of their published rates and almost fell off my seat when i saw the current price! nye, additional (P30k)?! My worries faded when she agreed that she would book us based on the original quote she gave me when we went to the place for ocular inspection. Wow! I looked at mom and signaled to her that i would pay the booking fee na. She whispered, "think it over tonight. We can always go back tomorrow if you're really decided na." I said ok and finalized the contract with Ms. Dolor with the promise to be back the following day to settle the fee. Im just so happy! I immediately called boying and shared the good news. He's just so relieved that i would finally stopped bugging him by sending several photos of all our various ocular visits! hehe..

Mom & i toured the whole place, collected flyers, sampled stuffs (cakes, pastries, chocolate dips, name it!).. Before heading home (closing time na..), i stopped by to 3 more booths.. Yeah, i got The Jason Magbanua's, Threelogy's & Bob Nicolas' video sampler (plus some girl showed me Joel Salindong's work too). I've got all 4 video samplers to study tonight.. ;)


Labels:

 
posted by serendipity at 1:41:00 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: